Gain priceless RBT training for free.
If you have already gained experience as a Behavior Technician and wish to meet the increasing demand for certification now required by many insurance payers, we can help. We provide qualified team members with free, comprehensive training as part of the onboarding process—leading to registration as a Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) by the BACB (Behavior Analyst Certification Board).
The Butterfly Effects RBT Basics course provides a practical working knowledge of the basic principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) as approved by both the BACB and ASHA. The course is designed to help our Behavior Technicians:
- Improve communication skills
- Implement intervention strategies
- Increase educator and academic staff instruction effectiveness
- Apply positive reinforcement procedures
- Meet continuing education requirements
Per the BACB, this training program is based on the Registered Behavior Technician Task List and is designed to meet the 40-hour training requirement for the RBT credential.
Although offered independent of the BACB, the Butterfly Effects program covers the following BACB requirements:
- It includes all the tasks and subtasks in the RBT Task List and the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts that have been designated as being relevant for Behavior Technicians.
- The cumulative duration of training is at least 40 hours.
- At least three hours of training are devoted to ethics and professional conduct.
In addition, all training is conducted in person or online, is didactic or experiential in nature, completed within the time period allowed, and supervised by a BCBA or BCaBA.