Elder and Adult Care ServicesFamily caregivers are usually thrust into their roles. They are rarely prepared to take on the ever-increasing responsibility associated with elder care. Furthermore, they are ill equipped to deal with the challenges presented by those in their charge, especially challenges with behavior.
At Butterfly Effects, we recognize the huge challenge and responsibility that comes with being a caregiver.
As a nation, we know surprisingly little about caring for adults. What we do know is that if you become a family caregiver, you can expect that your life will become more stressful.
Our aging population and the growing number of people who now or soon will require care and budget challenges will force our society to dramatically change its approach to elder care. In many ways, our changing ideas about quality care could not be more timely.
- First, we need to find better ways to support family caregivers so that financial challenges of homecare does not force people to turn that responsibility over to institutions and government funding.
- Second, we need to trade in the outdated medical model of adult care for a behavioral model that can help the elderly enjoy lives of enrichment and connection.
At Butterfly Effects, we can help seniors and families at every stage of the caregiver relationship. We can:
- Prepare caregivers with the training and education they will need
- Provide direct services as needed, including behavior solutions for behavior problems
- Refer occupational, speech, and physical therapists as needed
We will also, on your invitation, go to a care facility to assess whether your loved one is receiving appropriate care and provide recommendations.
We can provide behavior assessments and put behavior intervention plans into place. Few care facilities have behavior experts on board. Without the help of behavior professionals, they will either ignore behaviors or look for pharmaceutical solutions.
Check out our services and information regarding:
Nursing Homes and Care Facilities
We also provide training, supervision and consultative services to professional care facilities.
At Butterfly Effects, our approaches to senior care are always designed to promote community involvement and connection.
Whether you are thinking about providing care for an aging or disabled family member, doing well with care needs in the moment, or struggling to provide care, Butterfly Effects can help you find a balanced approach to care that serves the best needs of all involved.
Call us today, even if you just have a question, we are here to support you and will do whatever we can to promote a fresh approach to elder care.
The Butterfly Effect Commitment to Senior Care
Reinventing Adult Care: A Nation of Caregivers
Research on Behavior and Elder Care