At Butterfly Effects, we are strong believers in early intervention. Not only does every study support it, but also through our own extensive experience, we’ve found that the earlier and more intensive the intervention, the more positive the outcome. In some instances, we’ve seen children who are lagging, catch up with and even overtake the development landmarks of their peers.
Once we assess your child, we work with your family to develop and implement a plan, targeting the improvement of major developmental areas and improved functionality in terms of physical, cognitive, and social skills. A primary part of our mission is to help young children overcome challenging behaviors and reach developmental landmarks as early as possible.
How We Can Help
Qualified and effective early intervention can help a child:
- Learn how to creep, crawl, and walk
- Overcome feeding issues
- Improve his or her ability to speak and communicate
- Become integrated in peer play and other social activities
- Function more independently, including dressing and eating
- Prepare for success at school
- Develop impulse control and improved decision making
The focus is on functional skills development.
Early intervention services are delivered in the child’s natural environment. We support him or her at home, in the classroom, and in the community. For several hours every week, we provide regularly scheduled sessions that provide each child with the kind of consistent support that gradually facilitates as much independent behavior as each is ready to handle. We motivate them with abundant positive reinforcement, constantly praising the use of new skills and socially appropriate behaviors. Children learn best when it is fun and positively encouraged. The ultimate responsibility lies with the adults in their lives. To this end, we work with caregivers and teachers to develop and build on methods that make learning functional and meaningful. We continuously:
- Collaborate with family members, teachers, and outside providers to keep parameters and expectations consistent
- Help parents understand autism as well as other challenging behaviors
- Teach caregivers and teachers how to break down skills into manageable steps
- Fine tune every plan to ensure that each child continues to grow
- Chart every session on our user-friendly online platform, allowing families to monitor a child’s progress 24/7