Careers at Butterfly Effects
Medical Billing Specialist
Butterfly Effects is seeking to add a Medical Billing Specialist to support the national billing needs of the Billing and Collections department. The Billing Specialist will join a team that strives to maintain customer satisfaction through clean claims, proper follow up of claim denials, and timely invoicing of client responsibility. The Billing and Collections team works together on insurance issues so the field team can focus on the treatment of the kids and families. The Billing Specialist will be responsible for of patient demographics, authorizations, correct CPT codes, and all claim details prior to submission to ensure both completeness and accuracy. The Billing Specialist will bill claims using First-In / First-Out methodology to prevent backlogs as well as to meeting weekly and monthly deadlines. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a highly organized approach to managing multiple priorities while employing high levels of professionalism, responsiveness, accuracy, critical thinking and a positive, team-oriented attitude. The Billing Specialist is expected to be knowledgeable and current on third party payer requirements, and regulatory guidelines at the federal, state, and local levels.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Positive, highly motivated personality
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years related to medical billing.
- Knowledge of billing clean claims; Medicaid and commercial insurance carriers.
- High level of commitment/ownership to one's work product.
- Commitment to self-accountability, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Critical thinking, with a drive for continuous process and system improvement.
- Commitment to service excellence philosophy and interdisciplinary therapy for clients on the Autism spectrum.
Qualified candidates will be required to:
- Enter data into various locations while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data.
- Identify and address concerns before they become problems, and to propose solutions to concerns.
- Correct and resubmit claims denied for billing errors.
- Review immediate rejections from the clearing house.
Butterfly Effects is an Autism Specific Provider Group that implements a home and community-based services treatment model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The BE treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst who will engage the family in their child's treatment, coordinate care with other treatment professionals, work with community resources, supervise the behavior technician BT implementing the treatment plan, and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all people regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.