Careers at Butterfly Effects
DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE & REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
Deerfield Beach, FL
Butterfly Effects is seeking a Certified Professional Compliance Officer CPCO to serve as Director Quality Assurance. The position is based in Deerfield Beach FL, is a key leadership team member, and pays a base salary of $115,000.00. The Director of Quality Assurance is responsible for the coordination, development, implementation, and evaluation of all outcome activities, including and serving in the role of HIPAA Privacy Officer, risk management, survey readiness, quality improvement, medical records expert, and infection control. This position will report directly to the President and work closely with members of the Board to maximize accountability and align organizational goals.
The Director of Quality Assurance & Regulatory Compliance is responsible for providing healthcare industry expertise by leading a culture of quality and compliance throughout the organization; maintaining responsibility for all medical record audit/survey activity to remain in good standing with Federal, State, and commercial payers; collaborating with clinical and billing functions to create best practices and provide internal validation and measurement of performance improvement to mitigate risks; interpreting regulations and applying through integration into policies and procedures; and serving as the contact for most legal activity. The Director of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance, in partnership with all stakeholders, will emphasize value through analyzing, assessing, and monitoring operational controls and risks, evaluating policies, procedures and systems, and make recommendations for improvement where needed.
- Responsive and focused on self-accountability
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- In-depth ability to provide effective management and supervision of specific programs within compliance functions.
- Big picture mentality
- Creative and conceptual thinking
- Advanced knowledge and application of Federal health care regulations with an ability to interpret State and local requirements.
- Experience notifying and cooperating with contracted and governmental agencies in response to external and internal compliance reviews.
- Investigate and respond to complaints regarding alleged breaches of privacy, policy, and Company Code of Ethics. Recommend and implement corrective action plans.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other data systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate about compliance and risk areas. Ability to influence and gain others acceptance to do the right thing in sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills including: negotiation and the ability to reach a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment and complete assigned tasks under pressure.
- Must be able to take and give directions and work well with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, logic, and analytical skills
- Clear, concise and efficient phone skills and etiquette
- Training and team facilitation skills, required
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a healthcare quality assurance and compliance related leadership role
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in related field; CHC, CCEP, CHCQM, or CPHQ certification, preferred
- Experience with risk management and Federal, State and payer contract survey/audit activities required
- Ability to respond to infection control questions, preferred
- Experience in interpretation of raw data and comparative analysis, required
- ICD-10 Coding experience, preferred
- Excellent written, oral communication, organization, and computer skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Butterfly Effects, headquartered in Deerfield Beach, Florida, is a leading provider of in- home and in-school ABA therapy for clients on the autism spectrum. Butterfly Effects currently serves clients in more than 10 states. Butterfly Effects prides itself on being the advocate for parents while providing therapy with professionalism and unparalleled transparency, resulting in meaningful change that lasts a lifetime. Founded in 2005, the Company has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, ranking in the top 150 companies in Florida for multiple recent years. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability,
gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.