Careers at Butterfly Effects
Director of Revenue Cycle Management
The Director of Revenue Cycle Management provides leadership and execution to the billing, collections, authorizations and credentialing teams. This key position manages reimbursement transactions and provides day-to-day oversight, training and performance management of all billing, collections, authorizations and credentialing team members. Leads process development and implementation of best practices to achieve organization revenue cycle goals and outcomes through a collaborative approach with outside vendors and business partners, clinical and operations team members, parents, and all other payer representatives. Exemplifies integrity, responsiveness, and quality results oriented and positive teamwork approach. Responsible for the management, motivation, education, and monitoring of the output of the billing support staff and is expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality department wide.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage billing and collections team and provide comprehensive oversight in solution-oriented reimbursement performance
- Provide department leadership and guidance within the context of Butterfly Effects Common Purpose and Shared Values
- Proactively provide training and routine assessment to team members in systems and company processes related to revenue reimbursement to ensure productivity and compliance. Develop, operating procedure to establish consistency for proactive effective reimbursement processes.
- Set daily team member priorities, develop strategy for execution and measure success against the goals
- Develop productivity metrics and measure against them .
- Maintain billing accuracy through monitoring mechanisms and address variances and/or claims denials timely
- Monitor established key performance indicators and communicate status daily .
- Promptly identify negative trends in accounts receivables and determine the root causes. Execute actions and communicate regularly to leadership
- Demonstrate ability to analyze information and think critically.
- Ensure timely and accurate claims submission, payment posting, and denials management.
- Monitor billing and collections of patient financial responsibility. Ensure client billing process meets standard operating procedure.
- Collaborate with other departments and assist to resolve A/Rand payer issues as necessary.
- Perform quality audits at predetermined time intervals. Provide feedback to team members.
- Work collaboratively with team members on the floor to assist and obtain results.
- Confidentiality: Conform to agency policies and practices related to confidentiality, HIPAA, conduct, and ethical business practices.
- Continuing Education: It is an expectation that all employees assume an active role in personal and professional development. Job requires engaged participation in all company and agency sponsored continuing education.
- Electronic Records: Using computers and computer systems, including Domo, MS Office and Electronic Medical Records programs and the ability to enter transmit and process information is essential to agency success.
Effectively manage and provide feedback and support Billing, Collections, Posting and
Special Projects team members.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Finance, or Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years of Healthcare revenue reimbursement management, payment processes, collections, and denials management experience, and or related experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree
- ICD-10 Certification
- Knowledge of practice management systems