Careers at Butterfly Effects
Sr. Collections Specialist
Hungry for an opportunity to leverage your experience and skills in a mission driven health care organization? Do you have the humility and communication skills to provide excellent service to the Butterfly Effects families across the country?
BUTTERFLY EFFECTS, LLC a nationwide ABA informed Therapy Provider is looking for passionate candidates for the position of Collections Specialist.
Butterfly Effects is seeking to add a Collection Specialist to support the national collections needs of the Billing and Collections department. The Collections Specialist will join a team that strives to maintain customer satisfaction through excellent customer service and timely invoicing of payor responsibility. The Collections Specialist will be responsible for collecting accurate payments and finding resolutions to outstanding payor account balances. The Collections Specialist will be responsible for consistent, accurate, comprehensive, and timely invoicing on all assigned clients, as well as responding to incoming calls and mail from payors regarding outstanding account balances. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a highly-organized approach to managing multiple priorities while employing high levels of professionalism, responsiveness, accuracy, critical thinking, and knowledge of the collections process with a team friendly attitude, while also ensuring compliance with insurance and HIPAA regulations.
- Verify client demographics, authorizations, correct CPT codes, and all claim details relating to claim denials or underpayments.
- Ensure all research is done in insurance portals, CentralReach, and EOB's to resolve claim issues.
- Review clearing house for denials and corrected claims submitted.
- Correct and resubmit claims denied for billing errors when needed to assist the billing team.
- Identify time sheet, coding, documentation errors, and report them to management for correction if needed to help resolve a claim issue.
- Identify trends in payors that are not paying correctly or are incorrectly denying claims on a regular basis, and work with management to develop a plan of action to obtain a resolution on these accounts.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of previous experience in medical billing/collections.
- Knowledge of claim denials, the ability to read and understand explanation of benefits EOBs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including active listening.
- High level of commitment/ownership to ones work product.
- Commitment to self-accountability, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Critical thinking, with a drive for continuous process and system improvement.
- Commitment to service excellence philosophy and interdisciplinary therapy for clients on the Autism spectrum.
Butterfly Effects is an Autism Specific Provider Group that implements a home and community-based services treatment model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The BE treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst who will engage the family in their child's treatment, coordinate care with other treatment professionals, work with community resources, supervise the behavior technician BT implementing the treatment plan, and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including major medical, vision, dental, supplemental insurance programs, and a 401K. Relocation expense assistance is available for qualified applicants.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.