Careers at Butterfly Effects
ABA Behavior Technician RBT
Our mission is to make a socially meaningful change in the lives of children and families.
$15.50 to $16.00 per hour
Must be available for 35-40 hours per week, Mon-Fri between 8:00am 4:00pm.
Registered Behavior Technicians RBT are 'helping professionals' that teach children affected by Autism important life skills. RBTs are part of a collaborative team that includes the child's family and the supervising Clinician. The RBT works on such goals as functional communication, socializing with peers, and sharing with others. Butterfly Effects' RBTs receive training to make a meaningful change in the life of a child and their family.
Why join Butterfly Effects?
Training: RBTs receive online and hands-on paid training to competently interact with children affected by Autism. Previous experience is not required as Butterfly Effects provides teaching and ongoing support. You must have a minimum of a High School Diploma.
Benefits: Full-time RBTs that work in center receive full-time benefits including Paid Time Off PTO.
Support: RBTs work under the supervision of a certified professional. Local leadership also provides additional support when needed to ensure your success.
Positive Culture: RBTs teach children through play-based activities. We make sessions fun for the child and fun for the Behavior Technician!
Full Time Work Hours: Full time status, up to 35-40 hours a week, will be offered.
Career Advancement: Educational benefits and supervision support through Butterfly Effects toward becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst BCBA.
Mentoring: RBTs receive mentoring from an experienced staff person that is currently a Behavior Technician with Butterfly Effects
- Willingness to travel to and from Butterfly Effects center in Metairie, Louisiana and/or clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent. Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 48 credit hours preferred.
- Must enjoy playing and interacting with children.
- Willingness to engage with training and learn.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted - must be able to transport self to and from work.
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access.
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus. market specific
What We Offer:
- Butterfly Effects offers competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Ongoing program oversight and mentorship by experienced BCBAs.
- BACB Supervision hours where applicable, and career paths to BCBA and other positions.
- Drive time pay and mileage reimbursement.
- Benefit packages available based on number of hours worked.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Butterfly Effects is an Autism Specific Provider Group that implements a home and community-based services treatment model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The BE treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst who will engage the family in their child's treatment, coordinate care with other treatment professionals, work with community resources, supervise the behavior technician BT implementing the treatment plan, and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.