Careers at Butterfly Effects
Registered Behavior Technician
Registered Behavior Technician RBT
Why join Butterfly Effects?
- Flexible, part-time hours 10-15 hours/week.
- Travel time pay and mileage reimbursement.
- Benefit packages available based on number of hours worked.
- Butterfly Effects offers competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Make a difference for families adjusting to life on the Autism spectrum.
- Develop new skills and prepare yourself for new opportunities in the field of ABA.
- Ask about our graduate assistance tuition program to become a BCBA
What is a day in the life of a Butterfly Effects' RBT like?
- Registered Behavior Technicians RBTs work with clients 18 months to 18 years old on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan.
- You will interact with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA.
- Typically, therapy is delivered in 2-3 hour sessions 3-5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After school hours from 2:00-8:00 pm are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients.
- Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent. Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 48 credit hours preferred.
- Active Registered Behavior Technician RBT certification by the BACB or Board Certified Autism Technician BCAT by the BICC.
- Previous ABA experience or experience working with children with autism or other developmentally delaying disorders.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted.
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location.
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access.
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus. market specific