Careers at Butterfly Effects
Do you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of children with autism? If you are looking for a meaningful role that provides training and a team-centered, supportive environment, then Butterfly Effects is the right fit for you!
Join us as an ABA Behavior Technician and be a part of starting this new territory for a national ABA provider!
Why Join Butterfly Effects?
Joining a motivated and energetic team of peers means you get to ...
- Impact the day to day development of clients on the Autism Spectrum and celebrate their successes.
- Work as part of a collaborative team towards changing the lives of children and their families.
- Make a difference for families adjusting to life on the Autism spectrum.
- Develop new skills and prepare yourself for new opportunities in Applied Behavior Analysis.
What is a day in the life of a Behavior Technician like?
- What: You will work with 18 months to 18 years old clients on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan. You will interact with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA.
- When: 10-15 hours per week. Typically, therapy is delivered in 2-3 hour sessions 5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After school hours from 2-7 pm are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients.
- Where: Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian.
What We Offer:
- Butterfly Effects offers competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Registered Behavior Technician RBT Certification Program - All new BE team members begin by completing our flexible RBT training program that prepares you to become registered as a behavior technician with the Behavior Analysis Certification Board BACB and allows you to start your career and specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis ABA!
- Ongoing program oversight and mentorship by experienced BCBAs.
- Paid BACB Supervision hours for both direct and indirect hours, and career paths to BCBA and other positions.
- Paid Travel time, plus mileage rates.
- Benefit packages available based on the number of hours worked.
- Monday through Friday availability - afternoon and evening hours preferred
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent. Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 48 credit hours preferred.
- Previous experience working with children. Experience with autism of other developmentally delaying disorders strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted - must be able to transport self to and from work.
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location.
- Motivation and commitment to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment via our innovative training program that prepares you to be a successful Behavior Technician.
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access.
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
- Pass Criminal Background Check