Careers at Butterfly Effects
Make a difference:
Butterfly Effects is a national leader in providing home-based treatment to children affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder ASD. We offer paid training so you will be prepared to teach children important life skills such as functional communication, social interaction, and self-help. You will receive regular guidance, support, and oversight from our professional staff. You will be part of a collaborative team towards changing the lives of children and their families.
What is a day in the life of a Butterfly Effects' Registered Behavior Technician RBT like?
- Overview: You will work with clients who are 18 months to 18 years old on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills.
- Schedule: Approximately 8-20 hours per week. Typically, therapy is delivered in 2-3 hour sessions 3-5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After school hours from 2-8 pm are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients.
- Location: Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian.
What We Offer:
- Registered Behavior Technician RBT Certification Program - All new BE team members are paid to complete training and obtain an RBT certification.
- Butterfly Effects offers competitive compensation commensurate.
- Travel time pay and mileage reimbursement.
- Benefit packages available based on number of hours worked.
- Ask about our graduate assistance tuition program to become a BCBA
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted - must be able to transport self to and from work.
- Schedule Availability - Must have 2-5 weekdays available with the same availability preferably in the afternoons b/w 3pm-7pm.
- Motivation and commitment to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment via our innovative training program that prepares you to be a successful RBT.
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access.
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
- Pass Criminal Background Check