Careers at Butterfly Effects
Why Join Butterfly Effects?
As a national leader in ASD treatment, Butterfly Effects employs more than 100 board-certified behavior analysts BCBA and 800 behavior technicians. Our staff members are committed to creating learning environments in which children are happy, relaxed, and engaged, and feel safe to be themselves. By listening to the needs of our families, we build strong, trusting partnerships. At Butterfly Effects, children are given the freedom and flexibility to be themselves and learn through play during their natural routines.
What is a day in the life of a Behavior Technician like?
- What: You will work with 18 months to 18 years old clients on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan. You will interact with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA.
- When: 10-15 hours per week. Typically, therapy is delivered in 2-3 hour sessions 5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After school hours from 2-7 pm are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients.
- Where: Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian.
What We Offer:
- Training to become a Registered Behavior Technician RBT
- Paid drive time and mileage between clients
- Paid Time Off depending on hours accrued
- Competitive pay
- Flexible, part-time hours 10-15 hours/week
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and supportive working environment
- Growth Opportunities
- Monday through Friday availability - afternoon and evening hours preferred
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent. Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 48 credit hours preferred.
- Previous experience working with children. Experience with autism of other developmentally delaying disorders strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted.
- Motivation and commitment to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment.
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing.
- Pass Criminal Background Check