Careers at Butterfly Effects
Entry-Level ABA Therapist
Location: New Orleans, LA 70006
What BE Offers
- Competitive compensation STARTING at $14 / hour.
- Benefit packages available for technicians averaging 30+ hours per week:
- ADP LifeMart Discounts get deals on travel, hotels, car rentals, home, auto childcare, electronics, groceries, theme parks, and more!
- ADP MyLife Advisor assistance to help you achieve key milestones, manage uncharted life moments, help plan for your future, and navigate complex problems
- ADPTS Retirement Savings Plan / 401k
- Employee Assistance Program EAP
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account FSA
- Optum Spending Account
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
Career Growth Opportunities
- Graduate Tuition Assistance - affiliate graduate ABA program to aid career paths to BCBA and other positions
- Those with leadership skills may be considered for the RBT Mentor position Paid RBT Certification Program/Training
- Ongoing program oversight and mentorship by experienced BCBAs
- Opportunity to become a full-time ABA therapist
- Paid BACB Supervision hours
Work with a Purpose
- Impact the day-to-day development of children and young adults on the Autism Spectrum and celebrate their successes
- Work as part of a collaborative team towards changing the lives of children and their families
- Make a difference for families adjusting to life on the Autism spectrum
- Develop new skills and prepare yourself for new opportunities in ABA
New Hire Timeline
- First 30 Days submit your documents for hire, begin your 3-week training stage
- First 45 Days become an RBT, by completing our paid 40-hr RBT course and set your RBT exam
- First 60 Days work as a full-time ABA therapist once you complete your certification at the appropriate pace and acquire open availability
- What: you will work with 18 months to 18 years old clients on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan. As an ABA therapist, you will interact with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA.
- When: approximately 25-40 hours per week, typically, therapy is delivered in 2 -4 hour sessions 10 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. Clinical hours from 8am. - 4 pm. are emphasized, though flexibility is available depending on the needs of our clients.
- Where: in the clinic or the client's natural environment: an autism center or at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience working with children, either professionally or informally
- Valid U.S. driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted - must be able to transport self to and from work
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location 30-mile radius
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time
- Motivation and commitment to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment via our innovative training program
- Negative TB Test, no older than two years
- Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 48 credit hours
- Prior experience as an ABA therapist or related psychology field
- Monday through Friday availability
- Experience with autism of other developmentally delaying disorders
- Valid in-person or hybrid BLS/CPR Certification from either the American Heart Association or the Red Cross
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of inclusive employment and service policy.
ABA therapist, ABA technician, Behavior Interventionist Specialist, Autism, ABA, Applied Behavioral Analysis, Entry-level, Disabilities, Therapy, Intervention, Kids, Children, Modification, Healthcare, Education, Child Development, Psychology, Sociology, Human Development, Liberal Studies, BCBA, Board Certified Behavioral Analyst, MFT