Careers at Butterfly Effects
Entry Level Behavior Therapist
Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake & Virginia Beach, VA
Butterfly Effects is hiring Behavior Therapists to assist children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. We are mainly working with kids in elementary and middle school ages & sessions are typically Monday to Friday & anywhere from 3-5 hours per day.
- Provide one-on-one ABA therapy to individuals diagnosed with Autism and related disorders.
- Implement therapy sessions and follow the treatment plan development by the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst BCBA.
- Gather data for all programming using automated data collection tools.
- Perform evaluations and assessments.
- Improve children communication and socialization and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan.
Schedule: Approximately 10-15 hours per week. Typically, therapy is delivered in 23-hour sessions 3-5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After school hours from 3-7 pm are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients.
Location: Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian. We typically match within a 30-mile radius.
- $17.00 - $19.00 / hour
- $9.50 / hour during mentor training
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted
- Clear Criminal Records
- Previous experience working with children, either professionally or informally
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location 30-mile radius
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
- Motivation and dedication to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment via our innovative training program
Nice to Have.
- RBT Certification
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 48 college credit hours preferred. Students currently enrolled in a master's Program for BCBA are encouraged to apply!
- Previous experience working with children with autism or other developmentally delaying disorders.
- Valid in-person or hybrid BLS/CPR Certification from either the American Heart Association or the Red Cross.
BENEFITS BE OFFERS:
Our Behavior Therapists are offered benefits in various forms:
- FREE RBT Training
- Free supervision hours from BCBA
- ABA Master's program tuition discount to BCBA can be discussed further in the interview.
- Travel time pay and mileage reimbursement.
- Opportunity to become a full-time ABA therapist
- Professional development assistance
Behavior Therapists or Registered Behavior Technicians RBT are 'helping professionals' that teach children affected by Autism important life skills. The Behavior Therapist RBT is part of a collaborative team that includes the child's family and the supervising clinician. The Behavior Therapist RBT works on such goals as functional communication, socializing with peers, and sharing with others. Butterfly Effects' Behavior Therapists RBTs receive training to make a meaningful change in the life of a child and their family.
Butterfly Effects is a nationwide provider of applied behavior analysis ABA for thousands of families across 12 different states. We focus our service on individuals diagnosed with autism while implementing a home and community-based services treatment model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The BE treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst BCBA who will meet the child & family for the first time and create a treatment plan catered to them. The BCBA will also supervise the Behavior Therapist RBT implementing the treatment plan and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.