Careers at Butterfly Effects
Entry-Level ABA Therapist
Butterfly Effects is a nationwide provider of applied behavior analysis ABA for thousands of families across 12 different states. We focus our service on individuals diagnosed with autism while implementing a home and community-based services treatment model. We are currently hiring passionate and enthusiastic Behavior Technicians and Registered Behavior Technicians to join our team in part-time positions
$17 - $19 / hour
Location: Durham, NC / Apex , NC 27505 / Wake Forest, NC / Clayton , NC / Youngsville , NC Chapel Hill , NC / Cary , NC
Why join BE ?
- Paid RBT training
- Professional development assistance
- Travel time pay and mileage reimbursement.
- Part-time with the possibility of getting full-time hours.
- ABA Master's program tuition discount to BCBA can be discussed further in the interview.
- Competitive wages commensurate with education and experience.
- Free supervision hours from BCBA
- Provide one-on-one ABA therapy to individuals diagnosed with Autism and related disorders.
- Teach communication skills, social skills, self-help skills, and play skills through Applied behavior Analysis principles
- Implement therapy sessions and follow the treatment plan development by the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst BCBA
- Gather data for all programming using automated data collection tools.
- Reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan.
Location: Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian. We typically match within a 30-mile radius.
Schedule: Approximately 10-15 hours per week ; 23-hour sessions 3-5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After school hours from 3-7 pm are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted
- Clear Criminal Records
- Previous experience working with children, either professionally or informally
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location 30-mile radius
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
Motivation and dedication to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment via our innovative training program.
Nice to Have.
- RBT Certification
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 48 college credit hours preferred. Students currently enrolled in a master's Program for BCBA are encouraged to apply!
- Previous experience working with children with autism or other developmentally delaying disorders.
- Valid in-person or hybrid BLS/CPR Certification from either the American Heart Association or the Red Cross
Butterfly Effects is a nationwide provider of applied behavior analysis ABA for thousands of families across 12 different states. We focus our service on individuals diagnosed with autism while implementing a home and community-based services treatment model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. Butterfly Effects is a family friendly environment who is passionate to help those in need.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.