Careers at Butterfly Effects
ABA Behavior Technician
Must speak fluent Spanish
Location: Lithonia and Doraville, GA
Work-Life Balance: starting as part-time with 10-15/hours per week, typically:
- Monday Friday: mornings, afternoons, or evenings BE can provide our new staff with full-time once market needs match staff availability and ABA skillset
What We Offer:
- Registered Behavior Technician RBT Certification Program - BE team members begin by completing our FREE RBT training program that prepares you to become registered as a behavior technician with the Behavior Analysis Certification Board BACB allowing you to start your career and specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis ABA!
- Competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Benefit packages available based on number of hours worked.
- Commuter Benefits Paid travel time and mileage rates
Career Growth Opportunities
- Graduate Tuition Assistance - affiliate graduate ABA program to aid career paths to BCBA and other positions
- Those with leadership skills may be considered for the RBT Mentor position Paid RBT Certification Program/Training
- Ongoing program oversight and mentorship by experienced BCBAs
- Opportunity to become a full-time ABA therapist
- Paid BACB Supervision hours
Our Registered Behavior Technicians RBTs work with clients 18 months to 18 years old on the autism spectrum; helping them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized therapy plan. Interacting with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA. Typically, therapy is delivered in 2-3 hour sessions 3-5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After school hours are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients. Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian.
- MUST BE BILINGUAL, ENGLISH/SPANISH
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted.
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location.
- Motivation and commitment to become a RBT within 45 days of employment
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access.
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 48 college credit hours preferred. Students currently enrolled in a Master's Program for BCBA are encouraged to apply!
- Previous experience working with children with autism or other developmentally delaying disorders.
- Prior experience with ABA.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Butterfly Effects is an Autism Specific Provider Group that implements a home and community-based services therapy model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's therapy philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The BE treatment team is led by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst who will engage the family in their child's therapy, coordinate care with other treatment professionals, work with community resources, supervise the behavior technician BT implementing the treatment plan, and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.