Careers at Butterfly Effects
Lead Behavior Technician Center-Based
Butterfly Effects is hiring for a Lead Behavior Technician to be a key team member for our new state-of-the-art ABA Center in Deerfield Beach, FL!
The Lead Behavior Technician will work with a team of highly trained team members who provide Applied Behavior Analysis ABA therapy to children with autism and other related disabilities. The Lead Behavior Technician will implement the individualized treatment plan in the new Therapy Center. The Lead Behavior Technician is responsible for implementing the individualized treatment plan under the direction of a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst, creating a learning environment rich with individualized learning opportunities, collecting data on programming targets and utilizing an online system to record data, as well as communicating daily progress to caregivers. The Lead Behavior Technician serves as a member of the clinical team providing training, support, guidance, direction and general oversight to the Behavior Technicians BT in the Therapy Center.
- Conducts therapy sessions as a 1:1 Behavior Technician, exemplifying all job functions of an ABA therapist - 75% of average work week.
- Oversee daily center opening and closing procedures
- Closely manage client drop-off and pick-up procedure ensuring an efficient process and ensuring the safety of each client
- Serve as liaison between the BCBA Team Leader and clients and/or team members, communicating all concerns to the BCBA Team Leader and ensuring effective communication between all team members and/or families.
- Creates instructional materials as needed.
What We Offer:
- Registered Behavior Technician RBT Certification Program - All new BE team members that are not RBT certified will begin by completing our flexible FREE RBT training program that prepares you to become registered as a behavior technician with the Behavior Analysis Certification Board BACB and allows you to start your career and specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis ABA!
- Tuition Assistance Program - Butterfly Effects offers qualified employees graduate tuition assistance to obtain a Board Certification in Behavior Analysis.
- Educational Partnership with Endicott College - Butterfly Effects has a formal educational partnership agreement with Endicott College's graduate program in ABA, designed to offer our eligible Behavior Technicians a career path towards becoming a BCBA.
- BACB Supervision hours where applicable.
- Monthly Professional Development Speaker Series for clinical staff to learn from leading clinicians and researchers in ABA and related disciplines.
- Extensive hands-on training and ongoing program oversight.
- Benefit packages available based on number of hours worked.
- Fun and Collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Psychology, or related field.
- Currently enrolled in an ABA program and in early stages of accruing hours to become a BCBA.
- Experience with ACE curriculum preferred.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- Motivation and commitment to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment via our innovative training program that prepares you to be a successful RBT.
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access.
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Butterfly Effects is an Autism Specific Provider Group that implements a home and community-based services treatment model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The BE treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst who will engage the family in their child's treatment, coordinate care with other treatment professionals, work with community resources, supervise the behavior technician BT implementing the treatment plan, and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.