Careers at Butterfly Effects
ABA Behavior Therapist
Royal Palm Beach, FL
Work with a Purpose
Join a motivated and energetic team of peers where you will....
- Impact the day to day development of clients affected by Autism and celebrate their successes.
- Work as part of a collaborative team towards changing the lives of children and their families.
- Make a difference for families adjusting to life on the Autism spectrum.
- Develop new skills and prepare yourself for new opportunities in ABA.
- Overview: You will work with clients who are 18 months to 18 years old on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan. You will interact with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA.
All Autism Therapists are required to have:
- High School diploma
- Driver's license & personal vehicle
- CPR certification completed in person
- Background check
- Personal laptop or tablet w/ webcam
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 48 college credit hours preferred. Students currently enrolled in a Master's Program for BCBA are encouraged to apply!
- Previous experience working with children with autism or other developmentally delaying disorders.
- Prior experience with ABA.
- Minimum Wage / hour during mentor training
- $17-20 per hour Clinical Rate
Typical work week for our Autism Therapists consists of:
- Part time, Monday Friday
- Potential transition to fulltime employment
- Flexible hours, morning or afternoon
- Up to 30 hours per week
- Number of hours per week depend on the needs of the child.
- Time of day depends on the family's schedule morning, daytime or after school.
What We Offer:
- Registered Behavior Technician RBT Certification Program - All new BE team members begin by completing our flexible FREE RBT training program that prepares you to become registered as a behavior technician with the Behavior Analysis Certification Board BACB and allows you to start your career and specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis ABA!
- Butterfly Effects offers competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Career Advancement Opportunities - Extensive hands-on training, ongoing program oversight, opportunities for Continuing Education Credits, BACB Supervision hours where applicable, and career paths to BCBA and other positions.
- Travel time pay and mileage reimbursement.
- Benefit packages available based on number of hours worked.
- Rates from $18-20 hourly
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Butterfly Effects is an Autism Specific Provider Group that implements a home and community-based services treatment model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The BE treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst who will engage the family in their child's treatment, coordinate care with other treatment professionals, work with community resources, supervise the behavior technician BT implementing the treatment plan, and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.