Careers at Butterfly Effects
Entry-Level ABA Therapist / ABA Behavior Technician / Registered Behavior Technician RBT
$500 Sign On Bonus non-certified Behavior Techs
$1,000 Sign On Bonus for RBTs
Work-Life Balance: starting as part-time with 10-15/hours per week, typically:
Monday Friday: Afterschool hours 3pm-7pm emphasized, but schedule will vary based on client needs.
Where: the client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian. You will not be expected to commute over 40 minutes.
What BE Offers
- Competitive compensation
- Commuter Benefits Paid travel time and mileage rates
- Benefit packages available for technicians averaging 30+ hours per week for 6 months:
- ADP LifeMart Discounts get deals on travel, hotels, car rentals, theme parks, and more!
- Employee Assistance Program EAP
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
Career Growth Opportunities
- Graduate Tuition Assistance - affiliate graduate ABA program to aid career paths to BCBA and other positions
- Those with leadership skills may be considered for the RBT Mentor position Paid RBT Certification Program/Training
- Ongoing program oversight and mentorship by experienced BCBAs
- Opportunity to become a full-time ABA therapist
- Paid BACB Supervision hours
Work with a Purpose
- Impact the day-to-day development of children and young adults on the Autism Spectrum and celebrate their successes
- Work as part of a collaborative team towards changing the lives of children and their families
- Make a difference for families adjusting to life on the Autism spectrum
- Develop new skills and prepare yourself for new opportunities in ABA
- You will work with 18 months to 18 years old clients on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan. As an ABA therapist, you will interact with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience working with children, either professionally or informally
- Valid U.S. driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted - must be able to transport self to and from work
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location 30-mile radius
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time
- Motivation and commitment to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment via our innovative training program
- COVID Vaccine Mandate: The state of California requires all staff to be fully vaccinated in order to work with children, or to comply with a weekly COVID test if you have an approved religious or medical exemption.
- Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 48 credit hours
- Prior experience as an ABA therapist or related psychology field
- Monday through Friday availability - afternoon and evening hours
- Experience with autism of other developmentally delaying disorders
- Valid in-person or hybrid BLS/CPR Certification from either the American Heart Association or the Red Cross
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of inclusive employment and service policy.
ABA therapist, ABA technician, Behavior Interventionist Specialist, Autism, ABA, Applied Behavioral Analysis, Entry-level, Disabilities, Therapy, Intervention, Kids, Children, Modification, Healthcare, Education, Child Development, Psychology, Sociology, Human Development, Liberal Studies, BCBA, Board Certified Behavioral Analyst, MFT