Careers at Butterfly Effects
DO YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS?
WE HELP KIDS WITH AUTISM.
IT TAKES A FAMILY.... COME JOIN OURS!
$1000.00 Sign-On Bonus Will receive after 30 days of employment
The RCM is responsible for oversight and support of our billing and collections team which includes authorizations and credentialing. In the collections function, you will be responsible for providing operational support, oversight and execution of collections activities for difficult to collect balances. You will be expected to work with team members and payor representatives and managers to work on the timely resolution of balances. Similar to collections, in Authorizations, you will be responsible for providing daily operational support, oversight and execution for the pre-authorization process for ongoing healthcare services. You will collaborate with field team members, as well as corporate team members to critically think through and apply process changes to enhance access and payer approval for services for our clients and ensure team members have the ability to accurately submit healthcare claims. The best candidate must be process oriented with proven skills to develop and execute improvements to effectively streamline and enhance sustainable work flows, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to build relationships quickly through the use of active listening skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead process improvement activities related to the submission of payer authorization requests to ensure access to services and timely payment for services.
- Coordinate daily process work flow and establish priorities for the Authorizations Specialist.
- Partner with the Authorizations Specialist to ensure all authorization activity is completed timely.
- Assist collections team in the recovery of difficult to collect balances.
- Enter, monitor, and audit client data in various electronic data sets/platforms
- Track timelines and prompt clinical feedback
- Ensure timely follow up and resolution to underpayments and claim denials.
- Supervise the Credentialing Department, making sure all relevant information has been sent to each payor
- Assist with rebilling corrected claims as needed to support the resolution of outstanding balances.
- Adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Flex schedule to accommodate West Coast operations
- Commercial insurance benefit verification/knowledge required
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other data systems
- Team player who thrives in an environment of excessive communication and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy with confidential information
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and process driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Independent thinker; problem solver
- Strong phone etiquette and skill set
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One to two years supervisory experience in a team environment, preferred. Previous experience in healthcare administration, a plus. Ability to demonstrate a cultural fit.
Butterfly Effects is an Autism Specific Provider Group that implements a home and community-based services treatment model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The BE treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst who will engage the family in their child's treatment, coordinate care with other treatment professionals, work with community resources, supervise the behavior technician BT implementing the treatment plan, and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including major medical, vision, dental, supplemental insurance programs, and a 401K. Relocation expense assistance is available for qualified applicants.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.