Careers at Butterfly Effects
$500 Sign On Bonus
[$1,000 Sign On Bonus for certified RBTs]
Butterfly Effects is hiring Child Interventionists entry level and experienced to teach young children affected by autism. Our home-based treatment includes working directly with the child and family in their natural environment, typically in their homes. We teach children how to communicate, share, play, wait, and other essential skills. Our Child Interventionist makes the home-session fun by teaching through play-based activities. We offer paid training to all staff, so they feel confident in their skills to instruct children affected by autism. The best fit Child Interventionist is someone very outgoing, energetic, friendly, and has childcare experience. If you love kids and have a desire to make a lasting impact the lives of others, this is a fit for you!
All Child Interventionists are required to have:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Driver's license & personal vehicle
- 1+ years of experience working with children, or 24+ college credits completed in a related field of study
- Experience working with children with Autism or other developmental delays preferred
- Positive attitude and strong people skills to work with children and families
- $24.00 - $28.00 per hour based on experience, education, and certifications
- $500 Sign On Bonus $1,000 Sign On Bonus for active RBTs or BCATs
- Part-Time, typically 10-20 hours per week.
- Afterschool hours between 2pm-7pm are most common, but schedules and hours will vary based on client needs.
- Must have availability at least 3 weekdays each week
Our team members may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Company provided tablet
- Paid Time Off
- Innovative training program
- Paid drive time and mileage between client sessions
- University partnership & tuition assistance for eligible employees
- Supervision towards BCBA credential available
Our Child Interventionist will complete training to become a Registered Behavior Technician RBT. RBTs are 'helping professionals' that teach children affected by Autism important life skills. Registered Behavior Technicians RBT on such goals as functional communication, socializing with peers, and sharing with others. Butterfly Effects' RBTs receive training to make a meaningful change in the life of a child and their family.
Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
Butterfly Effects is a long-standing nationwide provider of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA for families affected by autism across 12 states. Butterfly Effects served over 10,000 families since 2005. Our treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The Butterfly Effects treatment team is led by a Behavior Analyst BCBA who will meet the child & family for the first time and create a treatment plan catered to them. The BCBA will also supervise the Behavior Technicians implementing the treatment plan and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.