Careers at Butterfly Effects
ABA Behavior Technician / RBT
Butterfly Effects is hiring ABA Behavior Technicians / RBTs to teach young children affected by autism. Our home-based treatment includes working directly with the child and family in their natural environment, typically in their homes. We teach children how to communicate, share, play, wait, and other essential skills. Our ABA Behavior Technicians make the home-session fun by teaching through play-based activities. We offer training to all staff, so they feel confident in their skills to instruct children affected by autism. The best fit ABA Behavior Technician is someone very outgoing, energetic, friendly, and has childcare experience. If you love kids and have a desire to make a lasting impact in the lives of others, this is a fit for you!
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years of experience working with children, or 24+ college credits completed in a related field of study
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable vehicle
- Web Enabled Device laptop, tablet, or smart phone
- Positive attitude and strong people skills to work with children and families
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
PAY: $19.00-25.00 per hour based on experience, education, and certifications
- Part-Time, typically 10-20 hours per week
- Afterschool hours between 3pm-7pm are most common, but schedules and hours will vary based on client needs.
- Must have availability at least 3 weekdays each week
- Schedules and hours will be determined during training, and staff will be matched with clients based on their schedule availability and proximity to available clients
Our team members may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Innovative training program
- Mentor program for all new hires
- Flexible part-time hours
- Drive time pay for between-session drive time
- University partnership & tuition assistance for eligible employees
- Supervision towards BCBA credential available
What is a day in the life of a Butterfly Effects' Behavior Technician / RBT like?
- Overview: You will work with clients who are 18 months to 18 years old on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan. You will interact with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA. Typically, therapy is delivered in 3 hour sessions 3-5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week.
- Location: Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian. We also provide some school-based services, and also have ABA Centers in Metairie LA & Deerfield Beach FL.
Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
Butterfly Effects is a long-standing nationwide provider of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA for families affected by autism across 12 states. Butterfly Effects had served over 10,000 families since 2005. Our treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis ABA, Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The Butterfly Effects treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst BCBA who will meet the child & family for the first time and create a treatment plan catered to them. The BCBA will also supervise the Behavior Technicians implementing the treatment plan and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.