Careers at Butterfly Effects
ABA Behavior Technician / RBT
Do you love spending time with children and want to make a lasting impact in the lives of children and families, we have a uniquely rewarding part-time job opportunity waiting for you!
Butterfly Effects' Mission is to make a socially meaningful change in the lives of children and families by hiring passionate, caring people to serve children and families affected by autism.
If our mission resonates with you, then come join us!
We are looking for passionate Child Interventionists/ABA Behavior Technicians both entry-level and experienced to teach young children affected by autism. We want you to enjoy coming to work, so we dedicate ourselves to making our teams feel valued, respected, and heard.
This isn't just another place to work, it's a welcoming environment with a leadership team that champions every individual to achieve their potential.
Why Work at Butterfly Effects?
- Children and families are at the heart of our work, and we take care of the people who make all the difference - People like You!
- Part-time opportunity to make a full-time impact in a child's life!
- Build a rewarding and valued career with education and training support
- The opportunity to grow to become an RBT and/or Board Certified Behavior Analyst with guidance and subsidies from BE
- Bring calm, protection, and happiness to families and children affected by autism
What would you be doing?
Our home-based treatment involves working directly with the child and the family in their natural environment most often their home, to teach them how to communicate, share, play, wait, and other essential skills. BE's Child Interventionist makes the home-session fun by teaching through play-based activities. We offer training to all staff, so they feel confident in the skills required to instruct children affected by autism. The best fit for this role is someone very outgoing, energetic, and friendly, with childcare experience.
This is a part-time role requiring 10-20 hours per week. The most common times for sessions are after-school hours between 3pm-7pm, but schedules and hours will vary based on client needs.
What do you bring to the role?
- Bilingual - English / Spanish
- High School diploma
- A love and passion for working with children
- Interest in learning
- Valid driver's license & personal vehicle
- Web Enabled Device laptop or tablet
- At least 3 weekdays w/ same availability
- Positive attitude and strong people skills to work with children and families
- Great to have a year of experience working with children OR 24+ credits completed in a relevant college degree
We believe in fair and competitive compensation. As such, we provide benefits outside of your hourly rate to give you the support and energy you need to bring your best self to your role.
- $19.00 - $25.00 per hour based on experience, education, and certifications
Our team members may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Coursework and Competency Check to obtain the Registered Behavior Technician RBT certification
- Drive-time pay between sessions
- Tuition Assistance
- Supervision towards BCBA credential available
Growth and Development:
Our Child Interventionist will complete training to become a Registered Behavior Technician RBT. RBTs are 'helping professionals' that teach children affected by autism important life skills. RBTs work on goals such as functional communication, socializing with peers, and sharing with others. Butterfly Effects' RBTs receive training to make a meaningful change in the life of a child and their family.
Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
Who are we?
Butterfly Effects has served more than 10,000 families since our inception in 2005. We have a long history of improving the lives of children and families affected by autism spectrum disorder through our family-centric applied behavior analysis ABA approach. Our mission is to deliver ABA treatment in partnership with families affected by autism to foster a more joyous life.
A national leader in ASD treatment, Butterfly Effects employs more than 140 board-certified behavior analysts BCBA and over 1,000 behavior technicians in the 12 states we serve. Our corporate office located in Deerfield Beach, Florida is home to our leadership team and administrative staff who assist with daily operations, including client services, human resources, talent acquisition, finance, revenue cycle management, quality assurance, compliance, professional development, and professional ethics.
Our butterfly logo was chosen as a symbol of love, rebirth, and metamorphosis. Together, the name and logo represent our common purpose and deep commitment to helping families create lasting change through individualized ABA therapy.
For more information, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.