Careers at Butterfly Effects
Hungry for an opportunity to leverage your experience and skills in a mission driven health care organization? Do you have the humility and communication skills to provide excellent service to the Butterfly Effects families across the country?
BUTTERFLY EFFECTS, LLC a nationwide ABA informed Therapy Provider is looking for passionate candidates for the position of Collections Specialist.
Butterfly Effects is seeking to add a Collection Specialist to support the national collections needs of the Medical Collections department. The Collections Specialist will join a team that strives to maintain customer satisfaction through excellent customer service and timely invoicing of payor responsibility. The Collections Specialist will be responsible for collecting accurate payments and finding resolutions to outstanding client payor account balances. and all other aspects of insurance collections. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a detail-oriented approach to managing multiple priorities while employing high levels of professionalism, responsiveness, accuracy, critical thinking, and knowledge of the collections process with a team friendly attitude, while also ensuring compliance with insurance and HIPAA regulations.
Families are at the heart of our work, and we take care of the people who make all the difference. Butterfly Effects is committed to improving the quality of life of individuals and families affected by Autism.
What's in it for you?
- Career Advancement
- Business Casual and Family Focused Culture
- Annual Parties and Team Building Events
- Accrued Work from Home Days
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Discount with Partnered Online University
What is expected from you?
- Verify client demographics, authorizations, correct CPT codes, and all claim details relating to claim denials or underpayments.
- Ensure all research is done in insurance portals, CentralReach, and EOB's to resolve claim issues.
- Review clearing house for denials and corrected claims submitted.
- Correct and resubmit claims denied for billing errors when needed to assist the billing team.
- Identify time sheet, coding, documentation errors, and report them to management for correction if needed to help resolve a claim issue.
- Identify trends in payors that are not paying correctly or are incorrectly denying claims on a regular basis, and work with management to develop a plan of action to obtain a resolution on these accounts.
What are the requirements?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of previous experience in medical billing/collections.
- Knowledge of claim denials, the ability to read and understand explanation of benefits EOBs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including active listening.
- High level of commitment/ownership to ones work product.
- Commitment to self-accountability, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Critical thinking, with a drive for continuous process and system improvement.
- Commitment to service excellence philosophy and interdisciplinary therapy for clients on the Autism spectrum.
Who are we?
Butterfly Effects has served more than 10,000 families since our inception in 2005. We have a long history of improving the lives of children and families affected by autism spectrum disorder through our family-centric applied behavior analysis ABA approach. Our mission is to deliver ABA treatment in partnership with families affected by ASD to foster a more joyous life.
A national leader in ASD treatment, Butterfly Effects employs more than 100 board-certified behavior analysts BCBA and 800 behavior technicians. The 12 states we serve are locally managed by a regional director and team of BCBAs. Our corporate office located in Deerfield Beach, Florida is home to our leadership team and administrative staff who assist with daily operations, including client services, human resources, talent acquisition, finance, revenue cycle management, quality assurance, compliance, professional development, and professional ethics.
Our butterfly logo was chosen as a symbol of love, rebirth, and metamorphosis. Together, the name and logo represent our common purpose and deep commitment to helping families create lasting change through individualized ABA therapy.
Please visit our website at www.butterflyeffects.com.