Notice of privacy practices
As Required by the Privacy Regulations Created as a Result of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW HEALTH INFORMATION ABOUT YOU (AS A PATIENT OF THIS PRACTICE MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED, AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO YOUR INDIVIDUALLY IDENTIFIABLE HEALTH INFORMATION.
Please review this notice carefully.
Butterfly Effects commitment to your privacy:
Butterfly Effects is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your protected health information (PHI). In conducting our business, Butterfly Effects will create records regarding our clients and the treatment and services we provide for them. Butterfly Effects is required by law to maintain the confidentiality of health information that identifies our clients. Butterfly Effects is required by law to provide you with this notice of our legal duties and the privacy practices that we maintain in our practice concerning PHI. By federal and state law, Butterfly Effects must follow the terms of the Notice of Privacy Practices that we have in effect at the time of care.
Butterfly Effects must provide you with the following important information:
- How our company may use and disclose your PHI.
- Your privacy rights regarding your PHI.
- Our company’s obligations concerning the use and disclosure of your PHI.
The terms of this notice apply to all records containing your PHI that are created or retained by our company. Butterfly Effects reserves the right to revise or amend this Notice of Privacy Practices. Any revision or amendment to this notice will be effective for all of your records that our practice has created or maintained in the past, and for any of your records that we may create or maintain in the future. Butterfly Effects will post a copy of our current Notice in our offices in a visible location at all times, and you may request a copy of our most current Notice at any time.
You have the right to:
- Receive a copy of your paper or electronic medical record.
- Correct your paper or electronic medical record.
- Request confidential communication.
- Ask to limit the information we share.
- Receive a list of those with whom we’ve shared your information.
- Receive a copy of this privacy notice.
- Choose someone to act for you.
- File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated.
Butterfly Effects may use and share your information in the course of:
- Providing services for our clients.
- Running our organization.
- Billing for services we provided.
- Helping with public health and safety issues.
- Doing research.
- Complying with the law.
- Addressing workers’ compensation, law enforcement, and other government requests.
- Responding to lawsuits and legal actions.
You have some choices in the way Butterfly Effects uses and shares information as we:
- Tell family and friends about your outcomes.
- Provide disaster relief.
- Provide mental health care.
- Market our services and sell your information.
File a complaint if you feel your rights are violated.
- You can file a complaint directly with our office if you feel we have violated your rights by calling us at 888-880-9270, or by sending a letter to the Butterfly Effects Director of Compliance at 500 Fairway Dr., Suite 102, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441.
- You can also file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights by sending a letter to 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201, by calling 1-877-696-6775, or visiting https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/filing-a-complaint/what-to-expect/index.html.
- Butterfly Effects will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.