Careers at Butterfly Effects
ABA Supervisor / Mid-Level Clinical Supervisor
Behavior Technician Hybrid
Location: Anaheim, CA 92805 / Santa Ana, CA 92701 / Irvine, CA 92614
Work-Life Balance: starting as part-time with 10-15/hours per week, typically:
- Monday Friday: mornings, afternoons, or evenings BE can provide our new staff with full-time once market needs match staff availability and ABA skillset
What BE Offers
- Clinical Supervisor rate starting at $26 - 32 / hour, depending on qualifications see below
- Registered Behavior Technician rate starting at $18 - 25 / hour
- Commuter Benefits Paid travel time and mileage rates
- Benefit packages available for technicians averaging 30+ hours per week for 6 months:
- ADP LifeMart Discounts get deals on travel, hotels, car rentals, home, auto childcare, electronics, groceries, theme parks, and more!
- ADP MyLife Advisor assistance to help you achieve key milestones, manage uncharted life moments, help plan for your future, and navigate complex problems
- ADPTS Retirement Savings Plan / 401k
- Employee Assistance Program EAP
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account FSA
- Optum Spending Account
- Sick Leave
Career Growth Opportunities
- Graduate Tuition Assistance - affiliate graduate ABA program to aid career paths to BCBA and other positions
- Those with leadership skills may be considered for the RBT Mentor position Paid RBT Certification Program/Training
- Ongoing program oversight and mentorship by experienced BCBAs
- Opportunity to become a full-time ABA Clinical Supervisor and ABA therapist
- Paid BACB Supervision hours- both for direct and indirect hours
Work with a Purpose
- Impact the day-to-day development of children and young adults on the Autism Spectrum and celebrate their successes
- Work as part of a collaborative team towards changing the lives of children and their families
- Make a difference for families adjusting to life on the Autism spectrum
- Develop new skills and prepare yourself for new opportunities in ABA
New Hire Timeline
- First 30 Days submit your documents for hire, if not already, become RBT certified
- First 45 Days acquire up to 2-3 cases for supervision and parent training
- First 60 Days work as a full-time ABA supervisor / therapist once you complete your certification at the appropriate pace and acquire open availability
- What: you will work with 18 months to 18 years old clients on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan. As an ABA supervisor and therapist, you will partner with the client / family
unit to implement treatment plans, training, and opportunities in the school, home, and
community setting to advance the goals prioritized by the family and Clinical Director.
- Supervisory Responsibility: direct supervision of paraprofessionals and BCATs, responsibilities included training employees; planning, assigning, and directing working; appraising performance, rewarding and discipline employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- When: approximately 10-15 hours per week, typically, therapy is delivered in 23-hour sessions 5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After-school hours from 2-7 pm are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients.
- Where: the client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian. You will not be expected to commute over a 30-mile radius.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or related field, 1-year of ABA experience, and 12 units of ABA coursework completed OR Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or related field with 2-years of ABA experience
- Previous experience working with children, either professionally or informally
- Valid U.S. driver's license and reliable vehicle Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted - must be able to transport self to and from work
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location 30-mile radius
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing for extended periods of time
- Motivation and commitment to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment via our innovative training program
- Master's Degree in Psychology or related field. Enrollment in BCBA program highly desired.
- Minimum of 2-years of experience providing services to persos with autism and related spectrum diagnoses and 6 months of supervisors experience.
- Negative TB Test, no older than two years
- Monday through Friday availability - afternoon and evening hours
- Valid in-person or hybrid BLS/CPR Certification from either the American Heart Association or the Red Cross
- Spanish Speaking
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of inclusive employment and service policy.
ABA therapist, ABA technician, Behavior Interventionist Specialist, Autism, ABA, Applied Behavioral Analysis, Entry-level, Disabilities, Therapy, Intervention, Kids, Children, Modification, Healthcare, Education, Child Development, Psychology, Sociology, Human Development, Liberal Studies, BCBA, Board Certified Behavioral Analyst, MFT