Careers at Butterfly Effects
Butterfly Effects is seeking to add an Authorizations Specialist to support the national needs of the Billing and Collections department. The Authorizations Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all clients obtain and maintain active authorizations based upon the plan of care for all clients as required by insurance providers. The Authorizations Specialist will partner with Regional Directors, Behavior Analysts, and various departments to ensure the proper documents are received and transmitted to the appropriate parties and insurance providers to maintain information and ensure that proper treatment services are approved.
- Review and submit all authorization requests to ensure that they are submitted accurately and in a timely manner to insurance providers.
- Enter, monitor, and audit information to confirm accuracy for all parties affected.
- Communicate with Regional Directors, Behavior Analysts, and other team members daily to ensure data accuracy for services and billing purposes.
- Responsible for submitting and following up with insurance companies for receipt of the authorization request, and to obtain updated information or additional authorizations.
- Efficiently accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ensure that the correct payers have been contacted for authorizations i.e. secondary insurance.
- Adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Other work and projects as requested.
- Complete all internal reporting requirements to be able to track internal performance and payor timeliness.
- Work with field team members to add new authorizations to team member schedules.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year experience preferred in healthcare with a demonstrated working knowledge of the healthcare industry and commercial payor authorization process.
- Must have insurance benefit education/knowledge.
- High level of commitment/ownership to one's work product.
- Commitment to self-accountability, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Critical thinking, with a drive for continuous process and system improvement.
- Commitment to service excellence philosophy and interdisciplinary therapy for clients on the Autism spectrum.
Butterfly Effects LLC, headquartered in Deerfield Beach, Florida, is a national provider of in-home and in-school ABA therapy for those experiencing life on the Autism spectrum. Butterfly Effects currently serves clients in more than 30 markets across 12 states, employing over 1,300 passionate team members focused on a singular purpose - to create a collaborative environment that promotes meaningful learning opportunities and experiences through individualized ABA therapy, for clients and their circle of support.
Butterfly Effects offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including major medical, vision, dental, supplemental insurance programs, and a 401k.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.