Careers at Butterfly Effects
The position at Butterfly Effects is a highly visible position in the fast growing, dynamic autism services industry. Butterfly Effects is a private equity backed company, where the financial analyst will be relied upon heavily to create strategic insights to drive strategy and decision making. The financial analyst position will directly support the CFO and Controller in all aspects of the finance and accounting department, with a particular focus on operational analytics. The Financial Analyst's primary responsibility will be on financial analysis and reporting of key performance indicators for various departments, including Clinical, Operations, Finance, Billing and Human Resources. The Financial Analyst's reports will provide real-time information to support decision-making and operational improvement. This is an ideal opportunity to join an emerging accounting / finance team in a rapidly developing high growth company.
- Competitive Compensation: $75,000 - $95,000 based on experience
- Benefit packages, including:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Supplemental Insurance programs
- PTO and Holidays
- Work from home policy up to 15 remote days annually, eligible after 6 months of employment
- Design and develop analyses across all of the company's systems including but not limited to the Company's accounting, practice management, business intelligence, human resource and applicant tracking systems.
- Reviews, analyzes, prepares, and reports recommendations regarding the financial impact of rate changes, business/expansion opportunities, compensation plans, capital expenditures, and other identified areas.
- Manage organizational reporting KPIs through development of new content and maintenance of the quality of data within the business intelligence system
- Training of staff in the usage of the company's business intelligence system.
- Prepares, consolidates, and/or analyzes financial management reports; investigates and explains unusual variances; identifies, researches, monitors, and reports operational trends that impact business performance.
- Identifies, analyzes, and presents business opportunities/improvements that positively impact financial results.
- Assist in special projects such as software implementations.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves accounting discrepancies on a weekly and monthly basis through reconciliation reports.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of appropriate tools to convert the business plan into a profit plan.
- Assists controller with month-end close closing process including schedules and analysis.
- Assists with preparation of annual business plan and quarterly presentations to the board.
- Assists with the development and implementation of accounting and finance policies and procedures and management information systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- Expert level Microsoft Excel skills required
- Previous experience in public accounting strongly preferred
- SQL knowledge a plus
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with a flat organizational structure
- Detail oriented, sound judgment and logical decision-making ability with a hands-on approach to assigned tasks
- Ability to independently develop hypotheses, test hypotheses, and develop executive reports to support or disavow hypotheses in order to drive corporate-wide decision-making
- Results oriented & desire to be challenged
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision and direction from management
- Excellent analytical, execution, time management, and project support skills
Butterfly Effects, headquartered in Deerfield Beach, Florida, is a leading provider of client-centric in-home and in-school ABA based therapy for those experiencing life on the Autism spectrum. Butterfly Effects currently serves clients in 12 states, employing over 1,000 passionate team members focused on a singular purpose - to create a collaborative environment that promotes meaningful learning opportunities and experiences through individualized ABA based therapy, for clients and their circle of support.